The work of Alniro, an innovative design agency for the online retail industry, is showcased in the new Majestic Wine website. The revamped site has enhanced user experience through improved design, device optimisation, a local availability stock system and the personal recomendations from Majestic’s team of over 800 wine experts.
Alniro’s appointment to design the new replatformed Majestic Wine online shop comes from their continued relationship with Javelin Group, Europe’s leading e-commerce and omni-channel retail consultancy. The new website now runs on ecommerce platform Intershop 7, utilising SDL Fredhopperfor search and navigation.
Alniro created responsive designs for web, mobile and tablet platforms to very tight deadlines. Producing consistent, on-brand design that supports omni-channel retailing is challenging. Alniro’s design work and collaboration with Javelin Group met this challenge head-on, resulting in a seamless consumer experience for the Majestic customer.
When a customer now shops online they are actually browsing and buying from their local Majestic store, and customers are still getting the high level of customer service thanks to inclusion of the expert wine knowledge of the Majestic team. Since the new site’s launch in September 2013, Majestic has already seen a positive growth in online sales.
Speaking about the success of the project, Alniro’s Managing Director, Tim McMillen said “The duel focus of meeting the high level business objectives and end user expectation is an exciting challenge for any design team. It was however, a really enjoyable experience working collaboratively with the teams from Javelin Group and Majestic to find the creative solutions to the business challenges which resulted in better user experiences.”
Richard Weaver, E-commerce Director at Majestic Wine said:
“As a major project, we were impressed at how Alniro approached the range of design challenges the project presented. They took time to learn about and understand our brand, had a good instinct for eCommerce, and were clear in which areas merited the greatest attention to detail.
We were also impressed at how well Alniro worked together with Javelin Group delivering designs in a timely fashion and adapting well to the rhythm and pace of the project.
We are also pleased to say that the Alniro team has been using their creative talents to redesign and improve our blog, which is now receiving some great positive attention.”
+44 (0)1962 600 060
- Majestic Wine Website
- Majestic Wine Website Redesign By Alniro
- Javelin Group Press Release
- Internet Retailing Article
- Essential Retail: Big interview: Majestic Wine eCommerce boss Richard Weaver
- Essential Retail: Majestic Wine launches new multi-device eCommerce website
- Econsultancy: Majestic Wine launches new multi-device ecommerce website, developed by Javelin Group
- The Retail Bulletin: Majestic Wine launches new multi-device e-commerce website
- Internet Retailing: Majestic Wine launches new multi-device e-commerce site to bring vinicultural expertise to the masses
- Retail Systems: Majestic Wine launches new e-commerce site
- Retail Times: Majestic Wine launches multi-device e-commerce website to drive online sales
- Mobile Marketing: Majestic Wine Launches Mobile Site
- Retail Technology: Majestic Wine revamps website